You never really know quite what to expect when it comes to DJBooth veteran Homeboy Sandman. So it should come as no surprise that the emcee’s latest song release, Brown, is quite the hip-hop anomaly. Kicking off with what sounds like a combination of a xylophone and hand drums Brown is truly the unique jam. Jonti’s unexpected, but pleasing production, which was previously featured on Radiolab’s Colors podcast, gives Brown the sound of a record you’d likely never expect from a NY emcee. It’s soothing, slightly tropical, and mildly hypnotizing. While Brown isn’t attached to any particular project, the Queens emcee is hard at work on his debut album, First Of A Living Breed, which is set for release this fall, via Stones Throw Records.
Listen to More: Homeboy Sandman
Written by Danielle H. on 07/26/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)