You never really know quite what to expect when it comes to DJBooth veteran Homeboy Sandman. So it should come as no surprise that the emcee’s latest song release, Brown, is quite the hip-hop anomaly. Kicking off with what sounds like a combination of a xylophone and hand drums Brown is truly the unique jam. Jonti’s unexpected, but pleasing production, which was previously featured on Radiolab’s Colors podcast, gives Brown the sound of a record you’d likely never expect from a NY emcee. It’s soothing, slightly tropical, and mildly hypnotizing. While Brown isn’t attached to any particular project, the Queens emcee is hard at work on his debut album, First Of A Living Breed, which is set for release this fall, via Stones Throw Records.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)