You never really know quite what to expect when it comes to DJBooth veteran Homeboy Sandman. So it should come as no surprise that the emcee’s latest song release, Brown, is quite the hip-hop anomaly. Kicking off with what sounds like a combination of a xylophone and hand drums Brown is truly the unique jam. Jonti’s unexpected, but pleasing production, which was previously featured on Radiolab’s Colors podcast, gives Brown the sound of a record you’d likely never expect from a NY emcee. It’s soothing, slightly tropical, and mildly hypnotizing. While Brown isn’t attached to any particular project, the Queens emcee is hard at work on his debut album, First Of A Living Breed, which is set for release this fall, via Stones Throw Records.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.