Last month, Cloudeater‘s Chris Hunt and Chi-town emcee Diverse introduced Boothgoers to their newly-launched colleaborative venture, Holoking, via promo single Superhuman. Though that joint’s off-kilter vibe won it mixed reviews on our pages, the emcee/producer duo hasn’t lost heart; follow-up Wise Fools is every bit as bold and unconventional as its predecessor. The in-house beat, driven by crunchy, syncopated percussion and sporadic synth chords, backs Diverse as he delivers eclectic, allusive verses. The free-ranging references and cryptic imagery are frequently overwhelming, but the emcee’s forays into social commentary point to a method behind the madness: “A desktop reality, yeah, but we connect not. / Flesh rot, dead-eyed lives and stressed out.” Has Holoking’s latest jam turned you into a fan? If so, you can watch our pages for latest from the duo, which has yet to announce any forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.