Last month, Cloudeater‘s Chris Hunt and Chi-town emcee Diverse introduced Boothgoers to their newly-launched colleaborative venture, Holoking, via promo single Superhuman. Though that joint’s off-kilter vibe won it mixed reviews on our pages, the emcee/producer duo hasn’t lost heart; follow-up Wise Fools is every bit as bold and unconventional as its predecessor. The in-house beat, driven by crunchy, syncopated percussion and sporadic synth chords, backs Diverse as he delivers eclectic, allusive verses. The free-ranging references and cryptic imagery are frequently overwhelming, but the emcee’s forays into social commentary point to a method behind the madness: “A desktop reality, yeah, but we connect not. / Flesh rot, dead-eyed lives and stressed out.” Has Holoking’s latest jam turned you into a fan? If so, you can watch our pages for latest from the duo, which has yet to announce any forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.