Last month, Cloudeater‘s Chris Hunt and Chi-town emcee Diverse introduced Boothgoers to their newly-launched colleaborative venture, Holoking, via promo single Superhuman. Though that joint’s off-kilter vibe won it mixed reviews on our pages, the emcee/producer duo hasn’t lost heart; follow-up Wise Fools is every bit as bold and unconventional as its predecessor. The in-house beat, driven by crunchy, syncopated percussion and sporadic synth chords, backs Diverse as he delivers eclectic, allusive verses. The free-ranging references and cryptic imagery are frequently overwhelming, but the emcee’s forays into social commentary point to a method behind the madness: “A desktop reality, yeah, but we connect not. / Flesh rot, dead-eyed lives and stressed out.” Has Holoking’s latest jam turned you into a fan? If so, you can watch our pages for latest from the duo, which has yet to announce any forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.