Last month, Cloudeater‘s Chris Hunt and Chi-town emcee Diverse introduced Boothgoers to their newly-launched colleaborative venture, Holoking, via promo single Superhuman. Though that joint’s off-kilter vibe won it mixed reviews on our pages, the emcee/producer duo hasn’t lost heart; follow-up Wise Fools is every bit as bold and unconventional as its predecessor. The in-house beat, driven by crunchy, syncopated percussion and sporadic synth chords, backs Diverse as he delivers eclectic, allusive verses. The free-ranging references and cryptic imagery are frequently overwhelming, but the emcee’s forays into social commentary point to a method behind the madness: “A desktop reality, yeah, but we connect not. / Flesh rot, dead-eyed lives and stressed out.” Has Holoking’s latest jam turned you into a fan? If so, you can watch our pages for latest from the duo, which has yet to announce any forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.