Last month, Cloudeater‘s Chris Hunt and Chi-town emcee Diverse introduced Boothgoers to their newly-launched colleaborative venture, Holoking, via promo single Superhuman. Though that joint’s off-kilter vibe won it mixed reviews on our pages, the emcee/producer duo hasn’t lost heart; follow-up Wise Fools is every bit as bold and unconventional as its predecessor. The in-house beat, driven by crunchy, syncopated percussion and sporadic synth chords, backs Diverse as he delivers eclectic, allusive verses. The free-ranging references and cryptic imagery are frequently overwhelming, but the emcee’s forays into social commentary point to a method behind the madness: “A desktop reality, yeah, but we connect not. / Flesh rot, dead-eyed lives and stressed out.” Has Holoking’s latest jam turned you into a fan? If so, you can watch our pages for latest from the duo, which has yet to announce any forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.