Previously featured in the Booth as a member of ATL alternative-rock outfit Cloudeater, Chris Hunt has partnered with Chi-Town rhymesayer Diverse to form a brand new cross-regional crew, Holoking. The lead single off their collaborative debut LP, their first feature on our pages, finds them showcasing their Superhuman skills on both sides of the boards. Over their own grinding synths and muscular percussion, the partners-in-rhyme make clear that they can’t be defeated by any ordinary means: even if you were to beat them senseless, poison them and shoot them multiple times, they’d still get up and walk away à la Grigori Rasputin. Chi-Town vocalist Chris James, who collaborated with Pusha T on last year’s Love Hates Me, lends his distinctive vocals to the record’s hook. The project to which this record will be attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.