Previously featured in the Booth as a member of ATL alternative-rock outfit Cloudeater, Chris Hunt has partnered with Chi-Town rhymesayer Diverse to form a brand new cross-regional crew, Holoking. The lead single off their collaborative debut LP, their first feature on our pages, finds them showcasing their Superhuman skills on both sides of the boards. Over their own grinding synths and muscular percussion, the partners-in-rhyme make clear that they can’t be defeated by any ordinary means: even if you were to beat them senseless, poison them and shoot them multiple times, they’d still get up and walk away à la Grigori Rasputin. Chi-Town vocalist Chris James, who collaborated with Pusha T on last year’s Love Hates Me, lends his distinctive vocals to the record’s hook. The project to which this record will be attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.