As fantastic as it most assuredly is to possess male plumbing, it takes more than an ability to pee standing up to fit Hollywood Peoples’ Definition of a Man. Among the qualifications that the Long Island representative (Yeah, I expected him to be from Cali, too) explains on his first Booth feature are courage, dedication, drive and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this inaugural mixtape leak finds FnZ flipping a sample from arena-rock hitmakers Styx’ Crystal Ball as Peoples spits about the life experiences that made him into the person he is today—from doing what it took to get by the mean streets (“Paid the man, shaved the white, made ‘em grams, made ‘em nice”), to mourning the death of loved ones (“My Grandma left me and it stressed me, I ain’t stopped the grievin’.”), to putting in the work necessary to make his way in the music game (“Before I was admired, I quietly freaked the flow / Now there’s places I’m required, acquired m through the door.”). Has this autobiographical cut left you intrigued? Then keep it locked for release details on True Hollywood Story, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 08/24/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.