Hailing from the south side of Chicago, you can tell by his stage name that Hollywood Holt has big plans. Signed to Chocolate Industries (like fellow Chi-towners The Cool Kids) and currently on tour with Is There Any Love emcee Kid CuDi, Holt has decided now is the right time for an official single. On his new 12”, Holt informs us that the industry can’t make him Hollywood because he’s already beaten them to the punch, having acquired a taste for fine women, wine, and… mopeds? In addition to the interesting spin on fame, the focus should belong solely to producing cousin Million $ Mano; along with scratches from DJ Rude 1, Mano puts together a cool 80’s-sounding beat, which should have the far-out audience thrilled. While Hollywood Holt currently has no plans in place for an album, the single will officially impact radio on October 14.
Written by Burmy on 09/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural High" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.