Hailing from the south side of Chicago, you can tell by his stage name that Hollywood Holt has big plans. Signed to Chocolate Industries (like fellow Chi-towners The Cool Kids) and currently on tour with Is There Any Love emcee Kid CuDi, Holt has decided now is the right time for an official single. On his new 12”, Holt informs us that the industry can’t make him Hollywood because he’s already beaten them to the punch, having acquired a taste for fine women, wine, and… mopeds? In addition to the interesting spin on fame, the focus should belong solely to producing cousin Million $ Mano; along with scratches from DJ Rude 1, Mano puts together a cool 80’s-sounding beat, which should have the far-out audience thrilled. While Hollywood Holt currently has no plans in place for an album, the single will officially impact radio on October 14.
Written by Burmy on 09/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural High" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.