Hailing from the south side of Chicago, you can tell by his stage name that Hollywood Holt has big plans. Signed to Chocolate Industries (like fellow Chi-towners The Cool Kids) and currently on tour with Is There Any Love emcee Kid CuDi, Holt has decided now is the right time for an official single. On his new 12”, Holt informs us that the industry can’t make him Hollywood because he’s already beaten them to the punch, having acquired a taste for fine women, wine, and… mopeds? In addition to the interesting spin on fame, the focus should belong solely to producing cousin Million $ Mano; along with scratches from DJ Rude 1, Mano puts together a cool 80’s-sounding beat, which should have the far-out audience thrilled. While Hollywood Holt currently has no plans in place for an album, the single will officially impact radio on October 14.
Written by Burmy on 09/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural High" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.