Hollywood Floss’ last non-freestyle feature, the reader-approved Mr. Big Stuff, found the Houston native discussing the difficulties of life as a (literal) shorty. As the cliché goes, though, it’s what’s inside that counts – and, judging by new single I’ll Be Honest, it’s only a matter of time before Floss’ inner colossus comes out to stomp all over hip-hop’s bustling metropolis. Over a brassy, chaotically soulful Chipmunk-sampled beat (co-produced by Chris Robinson and the artist himself) he announces his intent to take it all the way to the top of the industry. Till his dreams of being the King Kong on the game’s Empire State Building come to fruition, though, he’s content to fling stones at a few of the genre’s reigning Goliaths: “I’ll be honest, hate Jay-Z came back, he shoulda stopped after ‘Fade to Black… ” Floss’ willingness to speak his mind makes for a cut more thought-provoking than your usual braggadocious banger. But enough from me – what do you think, Booth readers? If you’re digging it, you can find I’ll Be Honest and more on Floss’ re-released House of Dreams LP, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/13/10
Submit your Rating
Kwiet Riot Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Big Stuff" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.