If you’ve been wondering where Hollywood Floss has been since September (when last we heard him on the Booth), here’s an update: the DJBooth Freestyle alum is still making dope music. The Houston emcee unleashed his new Dream Killer 2.0 record late last week, and it’s as good as anything you’ll come across this month. Featuring a semi-relaxing beat from Chris Rockaway that pounds with bass and floats with spacey synths, Floss and site favorite Laws (also a Freestyle alum) use the somber melody to wax poetic about their trials and tribulations in the music industry. While the message in hip-hop is as old as the game itself, the duo manages to find a fresh way to deliver it with solid lyricism and even tougher delivery. The only question is if rap’s Dream Killer will be able to survive in the comments below. If you liked this, be sure to keep a lookout in April for its inclusion on Floss’ forthcoming project, One Fan at a Time and, as always, keep it locked to the DJBooth for more flossing.
Kwiet Riot Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Big Stuff" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!