If you’ve been wondering where Hollywood Floss has been since September (when last we heard him on the Booth), here’s an update: the DJBooth Freestyle alum is still making dope music. The Houston emcee unleashed his new Dream Killer 2.0 record late last week, and it’s as good as anything you’ll come across this month. Featuring a semi-relaxing beat from Chris Rockaway that pounds with bass and floats with spacey synths, Floss and site favorite Laws (also a Freestyle alum) use the somber melody to wax poetic about their trials and tribulations in the music industry. While the message in hip-hop is as old as the game itself, the duo manages to find a fresh way to deliver it with solid lyricism and even tougher delivery. The only question is if rap’s Dream Killer will be able to survive in the comments below. If you liked this, be sure to keep a lookout in April for its inclusion on Floss’ forthcoming project, One Fan at a Time and, as always, keep it locked to the DJBooth for more flossing.
Written by Sigurd on 02/20/11
Kwiet Riot Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Big Stuff" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.