For a man with both the words Hollywood and Floss in his name Hollywood Floss tends to steer clear of Hollywood’s glamour and does very little flossing (in the slang sense, I can’t speak for his dental habits). Following his last release, the highly-DJBooth approved Dream Killers 2.0, Floss willingly dives heads first into the ironies of his name and rhyme style on new release Attack of Hollywood (Redux). Chris Rockaway opens the festivities with the famous 20th Century Fox horn and snare intro then quickly flips Attack into a deconstructed beat with more twists and turns than The Sixth Sense. Speaking of which, Floss uses the song as an opportunity to show off what he’s gleaned from that Netflix account, dropping more movie references than I can ever recall on one track before: “Looking for Sharon’s Stone, I fell down Brad’s Pitt / Couldn’t move, so I Ben Stilled for a minute.” While Attack won’t appear on it, lovers of Hollywood can rest assured knowing that he’s hard at work on his new project One Fan at a Time, coming sometime later than now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
Kwiet Riot Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Big Stuff" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.