For a man with both the words Hollywood and Floss in his name Hollywood Floss tends to steer clear of Hollywood’s glamour and does very little flossing (in the slang sense, I can’t speak for his dental habits). Following his last release, the highly-DJBooth approved Dream Killers 2.0, Floss willingly dives heads first into the ironies of his name and rhyme style on new release Attack of Hollywood (Redux). Chris Rockaway opens the festivities with the famous 20th Century Fox horn and snare intro then quickly flips Attack into a deconstructed beat with more twists and turns than The Sixth Sense. Speaking of which, Floss uses the song as an opportunity to show off what he’s gleaned from that Netflix account, dropping more movie references than I can ever recall on one track before: “Looking for Sharon’s Stone, I fell down Brad’s Pitt / Couldn’t move, so I Ben Stilled for a minute.” While Attack won’t appear on it, lovers of Hollywood can rest assured knowing that he’s hard at work on his new project One Fan at a Time, coming sometime later than now.
Kwiet Riot Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Big Stuff" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.