Call me naive, but I maintain that self-confidence is the key to attracting women, not cash—at least I hope so, since it’s much cheaper and (arguably) easier to fake the former than the latter (most women can tell the difference between actual Benjamins and $1 bills with extra zeros drawn on in green Magic Marker). Booth newcomer Hollywood Aliaz admits in his MySpace bio that he’s not exactly loaded (“I don’t have any money (seriously), I don’t wear big jewelry, I don’t drive a nice car…”), but he doesn’t let that get him down—as the emcee proves on this new track (making its world premiere at DJBooth.net!), he’s still Fresh where it counts. Flowing over a bouncy, horn-fueled beat by frequent XV producer Seven, the Missouri up-and-comer lets all the ladies know, “I’m what you want.” Aliaz’ self-assured confidence comes through loud and clear here, and his amiable, “Props to myself” braggadocio will doubtless leave Booth regulars of both genders charmed. If you find your head bobbing along to this catchy track, why not drop a few bucks on his newly-released 7.5 Welcome To Joe CityLP? You’ll get an album’s worth of great tunes, and bring the rapper one step closer to that swimming pool full of Grey Goose.
Written by richard on 07/12/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.