Call me naive, but I maintain that self-confidence is the key to attracting women, not cash—at least I hope so, since it’s much cheaper and (arguably) easier to fake the former than the latter (most women can tell the difference between actual Benjamins and $1 bills with extra zeros drawn on in green Magic Marker). Booth newcomer Hollywood Aliaz admits in his MySpace bio that he’s not exactly loaded (“I don’t have any money (seriously), I don’t wear big jewelry, I don’t drive a nice car…”), but he doesn’t let that get him down—as the emcee proves on this new track (making its world premiere at DJBooth.net!), he’s still Fresh where it counts. Flowing over a bouncy, horn-fueled beat by frequent XV producer Seven, the Missouri up-and-comer lets all the ladies know, “I’m what you want.” Aliaz’ self-assured confidence comes through loud and clear here, and his amiable, “Props to myself” braggadocio will doubtless leave Booth regulars of both genders charmed. If you find your head bobbing along to this catchy track, why not drop a few bucks on his newly-released 7.5 Welcome To Joe CityLP? You’ll get an album’s worth of great tunes, and bring the rapper one step closer to that swimming pool full of Grey Goose.
Listen to More: Hollywood Aliaz
Written by richard on 07/12/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.