If the dirty south is funky again this summer, it’s not going to be because of Gucci Mane’s new cologne coming out, “Freaky Gurl Fragrances.” (Just kidding, but admit it. I had you going for a sec.) ATL quartet Hollyweerd is stopping by the Booth to drop off another (yes another!) world premiere, this time with their new track Love Me, off their hotly anticipated, Don Cannon hosted Edible Phat 2.0. Just like on their debut Supa Eazy, producer Operation A.D.D. mans the boards with similar results, crafting a bouncing, spacey, strings-laden beat guaranteed to get your head nodding. Vocally the fearsome foursome, along with Little Brother’s Rapper Big Pooh, put listeners in a trance until the very end with velvety flows and witty lyrical content: “I don’t play dumb, I even pray for haters because they need redemption.” How generous. While Phat 2.0 has been delayed because of label negotiations, Hollyweerd promises it will still drop soon. How soon? You know where to keep it locked to for more info.
Written by Sigurd on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.