If the dirty south is funky again this summer, it’s not going to be because of Gucci Mane’s new cologne coming out, “Freaky Gurl Fragrances.” (Just kidding, but admit it. I had you going for a sec.) ATL quartet Hollyweerd is stopping by the Booth to drop off another (yes another!) world premiere, this time with their new track Love Me, off their hotly anticipated, Don Cannon hosted Edible Phat 2.0. Just like on their debut Supa Eazy, producer Operation A.D.D. mans the boards with similar results, crafting a bouncing, spacey, strings-laden beat guaranteed to get your head nodding. Vocally the fearsome foursome, along with Little Brother’s Rapper Big Pooh, put listeners in a trance until the very end with velvety flows and witty lyrical content: “I don’t play dumb, I even pray for haters because they need redemption.” How generous. While Phat 2.0 has been delayed because of label negotiations, Hollyweerd promises it will still drop soon. How soon? You know where to keep it locked to for more info.
Written by Sigurd on 05/11/10
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)