If the dirty south is funky again this summer, it’s not going to be because of Gucci Mane’s new cologne coming out, “Freaky Gurl Fragrances.” (Just kidding, but admit it. I had you going for a sec.) ATL quartet Hollyweerd is stopping by the Booth to drop off another (yes another!) world premiere, this time with their new track Love Me, off their hotly anticipated, Don Cannon hosted Edible Phat 2.0. Just like on their debut Supa Eazy, producer Operation A.D.D. mans the boards with similar results, crafting a bouncing, spacey, strings-laden beat guaranteed to get your head nodding. Vocally the fearsome foursome, along with Little Brother’s Rapper Big Pooh, put listeners in a trance until the very end with velvety flows and witty lyrical content: “I don’t play dumb, I even pray for haters because they need redemption.” How generous. While Phat 2.0 has been delayed because of label negotiations, Hollyweerd promises it will still drop soon. How soon? You know where to keep it locked to for more info.
Written by Sigurd on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.