If the dirty south is funky again this summer, it’s not going to be because of Gucci Mane’s new cologne coming out, “Freaky Gurl Fragrances.” (Just kidding, but admit it. I had you going for a sec.) ATL quartet Hollyweerd is stopping by the Booth to drop off another (yes another!) world premiere, this time with their new track Love Me, off their hotly anticipated, Don Cannon hosted Edible Phat 2.0. Just like on their debut Supa Eazy, producer Operation A.D.D. mans the boards with similar results, crafting a bouncing, spacey, strings-laden beat guaranteed to get your head nodding. Vocally the fearsome foursome, along with Little Brother’s Rapper Big Pooh, put listeners in a trance until the very end with velvety flows and witty lyrical content: “I don’t play dumb, I even pray for haters because they need redemption.” How generous. While Phat 2.0 has been delayed because of label negotiations, Hollyweerd promises it will still drop soon. How soon? You know where to keep it locked to for more info.
Written by Sigurd on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.