Clouds, Hoes and Flows – to the layman, these three items might seem arbitrary and unrelated, but as far as Hollyweerd are concerned, they go together like peanut butter, jelly and, uh, bread. On this newly-leaked mixtape cut, their first feature since the release of their Booth-sponsored Edible Phat street album, the ATL foursome set out to elucidate the connection (though, for obvious reasons, the truth remains somewhat hazy). Drugs handles production duties, flipping Grandmaster Flash classic The Message into a chaotically fresh chopped-sample instrumental as Dreamer, The Love Crusader, Tuki and Stago Lee pay tribute to the Holy Trinity of ganja smoke, beautiful women and virtuosic rhyme styles. Needless to say, they seize the opportunity to showcase the last of the three, lacing the joint with a diverse variety of scorching flows and some nifty, shifting rhyme schemes to boot. Like what you’re hearing? Then you can expect plenty more fresh beats and blazing bars on Hollyweerd’s On the Road To #Hollyville mixtape, set to hit the ‘net this summer (weed and women, sadly, not included).
Written by richard on 02/21/11
Submit your Rating
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.