I don’t know about y’all, but when I find myself at a musical event or social gathering where wallflowers outnumber bodies in motion, I could shake the group by their collective shoulders and scream, “Why are you here?!” Of course, even if that were possible, it’d probably earn me an ass-beating or two. On new single Buss It Open, Hollyweerd give voice to what I and and so many others have been thinking: “If you ain’t come to dance, take your lame ass home!” Here, a buzzing electro-pop instrumental by OperationADD gets toes a-tapping as Tuki, Dreamer, The Love Crusader and Stago Lee school listeners on the art of having a good time, dropping scatterbrained verses loosely themed around the topics of women, liquor and partying. Guest contributor (and freestyle alum) Yelawolf arguably turns in the most entertaining performance, asking listeners if they prefer bars of the rapped or Xanax variety before recommending a few bars (as in drinking establishments) in the ATL area. Digging this raucous banger? Then keep it locked for details on Hollyweerd’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project, set to drop this summer.
Written by richard on 04/25/11
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)