I don’t know about y’all, but when I find myself at a musical event or social gathering where wallflowers outnumber bodies in motion, I could shake the group by their collective shoulders and scream, “Why are you here?!” Of course, even if that were possible, it’d probably earn me an ass-beating or two. On new single Buss It Open, Hollyweerd give voice to what I and and so many others have been thinking: “If you ain’t come to dance, take your lame ass home!” Here, a buzzing electro-pop instrumental by OperationADD gets toes a-tapping as Tuki, Dreamer, The Love Crusader and Stago Lee school listeners on the art of having a good time, dropping scatterbrained verses loosely themed around the topics of women, liquor and partying. Guest contributor (and freestyle alum) Yelawolf arguably turns in the most entertaining performance, asking listeners if they prefer bars of the rapped or Xanax variety before recommending a few bars (as in drinking establishments) in the ATL area. Digging this raucous banger? Then keep it locked for details on Hollyweerd’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project, set to drop this summer.
Written by richard on 04/25/11
Submit your Rating
Domino Efffect Dvlpmnt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Eazy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.