Right from its unintelligible intro, you know that Off the Meter is going to be a trip. Holly Rae, a Bay area rookie sporting a poppy voice and a feigned accent, turns out a dance single that has all the makings of this summer’s Calabria. Her lyrics are catchy enough for you not to over-scrutinize, and J.R. Rotem’s backing production is sure to get a body or two moving. The real star of the track, however, is Sean Kingston, who sounds nothing like his usual self. Who knew the teen pop sensation could rap with an edge (albeit somewhat of a dull one)? In all seriousness, he adds a twist of Dubstep to the track that just might turn it from a backyard party jam to a club hit. Since Rae is being courted by Interscope, there is no official word on the title or release date of her debut.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/24/08
In Ya Face Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.