Right from its unintelligible intro, you know that Off the Meter is going to be a trip. Holly Rae, a Bay area rookie sporting a poppy voice and a feigned accent, turns out a dance single that has all the makings of this summer’s Calabria. Her lyrics are catchy enough for you not to over-scrutinize, and J.R. Rotem’s backing production is sure to get a body or two moving. The real star of the track, however, is Sean Kingston, who sounds nothing like his usual self. Who knew the teen pop sensation could rap with an edge (albeit somewhat of a dull one)? In all seriousness, he adds a twist of Dubstep to the track that just might turn it from a backyard party jam to a club hit. Since Rae is being courted by Interscope, there is no official word on the title or release date of her debut.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/24/08
Submit your Rating
In Ya Face Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)