The holidays are over and it’s time to get back to work and school and all those pesky obligations we’ve been putting off. The silver lining is that rappers, too, are getting back to work, which means more music for us. Take Hodgie Street, for instance; in just a few weeks (on the 21st, to be exact), he will release the American Dreamin LP. With his latest single, N*gga Sh*t, Hodgie shows that he has been hard at work during the holidays. Matching the vintage vibe of Snow and Supanatra‘s soul beat, Hodgie uses his rapsy, sure-footed flow to paint a few vivid pictures of his upbringing in Ohio. Fellow Midwest native P.A. Flex assists on the guest tip, exhibiting a higher-pitched, more agile delivery. While you wait for the EP, why not check out Hodgie’s DJBooth debut, October 2013’s Make It?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.