Every emcee steps to the mic with dreams of selling out the Garden, appearing on magazine covers and having millions of fans. If Ohio native Hodgie Street keeps releasing relatable, charismatic tunes, he will Make It to that level of the game eventually. On his first Booth feature in over a year (His last was ‘12’s DOPE.), Hodgie makes his glorious return, flowing over a crisp, triumphant beat from Wax (no relation to the Booth-approved rapper). In a deep-voiced, yet lively and energetic flow, the artist delivers some personable, inspirational bars. Hodgie’s style is magnetic; you can’t help but be drawn in, and you will undoubtedly find yourself rooting for the emcee to indeed Make It to the top. Make It is the latest single off Street’s American Dreaming album, due out next month
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)