Every emcee steps to the mic with dreams of selling out the Garden, appearing on magazine covers and having millions of fans. If Ohio native Hodgie Street keeps releasing relatable, charismatic tunes, he will Make It to that level of the game eventually. On his first Booth feature in over a year (His last was ‘12’s DOPE.), Hodgie makes his glorious return, flowing over a crisp, triumphant beat from Wax (no relation to the Booth-approved rapper). In a deep-voiced, yet lively and energetic flow, the artist delivers some personable, inspirational bars. Hodgie’s style is magnetic; you can’t help but be drawn in, and you will undoubtedly find yourself rooting for the emcee to indeed Make It to the top. Make It is the latest single off Street’s American Dreaming album, due out next month
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.