Every emcee steps to the mic with dreams of selling out the Garden, appearing on magazine covers and having millions of fans. If Ohio native Hodgie Street keeps releasing relatable, charismatic tunes, he will Make It to that level of the game eventually. On his first Booth feature in over a year (His last was ‘12’s DOPE.), Hodgie makes his glorious return, flowing over a crisp, triumphant beat from Wax (no relation to the Booth-approved rapper). In a deep-voiced, yet lively and energetic flow, the artist delivers some personable, inspirational bars. Hodgie’s style is magnetic; you can’t help but be drawn in, and you will undoubtedly find yourself rooting for the emcee to indeed Make It to the top. Make It is the latest single off Street’s American Dreaming album, due out next month
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.