A lot has changed since Hodgie Street dropped off Nigga Sh*t back in January. For one thing, he’s decided to go mononymous, trimming his moniker down to, simply, Hodgie. For another, he’s now on a first-name basis with the big man on Mt. Olympus. On new LP single Hey Zeus, the Ohio buzzmaker rhymes about his quest to attain godlike status in the hip-hop game. Cincinnati, Ohio producer Wax (not to be confused with Booth favorite Wax) provides the cut’s synth-driven instrumental. Philm Jackson‘s official visuals, co-starring Hodgie’s gleaming Jesus piece, round out the package. Executive Produced by Rashad Thomas, the artist’s American Dreamin’ LP is set to drop later this summer. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.