A lot has changed since Hodgie Street dropped off Nigga Sh*t back in January. For one thing, he’s decided to go mononymous, trimming his moniker down to, simply, Hodgie. For another, he’s now on a first-name basis with the big man on Mt. Olympus. On new LP single Hey Zeus, the Ohio buzzmaker rhymes about his quest to attain godlike status in the hip-hop game. Cincinnati, Ohio producer Wax (not to be confused with Booth favorite Wax) provides the cut’s synth-driven instrumental. Philm Jackson‘s official visuals, co-starring Hodgie’s gleaming Jesus piece, round out the package. Executive Produced by Rashad Thomas, the artist’s American Dreamin’ LP is set to drop later this summer. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.