A lot has changed since Hodgie Street dropped off Nigga Sh*t back in January. For one thing, he’s decided to go mononymous, trimming his moniker down to, simply, Hodgie. For another, he’s now on a first-name basis with the big man on Mt. Olympus. On new LP single Hey Zeus, the Ohio buzzmaker rhymes about his quest to attain godlike status in the hip-hop game. Cincinnati, Ohio producer Wax (not to be confused with Booth favorite Wax) provides the cut’s synth-driven instrumental. Philm Jackson‘s official visuals, co-starring Hodgie’s gleaming Jesus piece, round out the package. Executive Produced by Rashad Thomas, the artist’s American Dreamin’ LP is set to drop later this summer. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.