A lot has changed since Hodgie Street dropped off Nigga Sh*t back in January. For one thing, he’s decided to go mononymous, trimming his moniker down to, simply, Hodgie. For another, he’s now on a first-name basis with the big man on Mt. Olympus. On new LP single Hey Zeus, the Ohio buzzmaker rhymes about his quest to attain godlike status in the hip-hop game. Cincinnati, Ohio producer Wax (not to be confused with Booth favorite Wax) provides the cut’s synth-driven instrumental. Philm Jackson‘s official visuals, co-starring Hodgie’s gleaming Jesus piece, round out the package. Executive Produced by Rashad Thomas, the artist’s American Dreamin’ LP is set to drop later this summer. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.