A lot has changed since Hodgie Street dropped off Nigga Sh*t back in January. For one thing, he’s decided to go mononymous, trimming his moniker down to, simply, Hodgie. For another, he’s now on a first-name basis with the big man on Mt. Olympus. On new LP single Hey Zeus, the Ohio buzzmaker rhymes about his quest to attain godlike status in the hip-hop game. Cincinnati, Ohio producer Wax (not to be confused with Booth favorite Wax) provides the cut’s synth-driven instrumental. Philm Jackson‘s official visuals, co-starring Hodgie’s gleaming Jesus piece, round out the package. Executive Produced by Rashad Thomas, the artist’s American Dreamin’ LP is set to drop later this summer. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.