It’s rare that one record can transform a person’s life, but Hit-Boy suddenly found himself a household name (in hip-hop households at least) after producing Kanye and Jay-Z’ epic Ni**as in Paris. Before he could even blink he was sitting in stadiums, listening to The Throne play his song 14 times in a row and fielding requests for beats from rappers worldwide (see Goldie). But now with new video single Jay-Z Interview, the California native is determined to show the world that he’s a true musical double threat on both the mic and behind the boards. Produced by another Kanye associate B!nk, Interview’s is a horn infused, openly celebratory affair that brings some serious soul. On the vocals the Surf Club member proves that he can both flow and use that pen, throwing down references that range from Robert Frost to Hova to Derek Fisher: “Trying to charge me with a flagrant, but I will not stop / they tryin to Derek Fisher the boy, but I will not flop.” While there’s no word yet on a project from Hit-Boy, I think we can assume we’ll be hearing much more from the man soon…both as a producer and an emcee.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Good" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.