Hit-Boy loves being a fly, young artist making moves (and money) in the hip-hop game, but sometimes the fast life gets too fast for even him. At those moments, there’s only one thing to do: “hit the Brake Lights.” (I’d try the brake pedal first, but that’s just me.) Over his own mood-setting piano-loop boardwork, the Surf Club member and N**gas in Paris producer rhymes about the alienation, ennui and exhaustion that often lurk beneath the appearance of success. Official visuals come courtesy of Travi$ Scott. Released back in summer 2012, the artist’s HITstory street album is available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Producer turned super-producer turned emcee Hit-Boy continues his takeover of the industry with new project release HITstory. The Cali native, who has spent the last few months familiarizing the listening public with his...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay-Z Interview" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.