Hit-Boy loves being a fly, young artist making moves (and money) in the hip-hop game, but sometimes the fast life gets too fast for even him. At those moments, there’s only one thing to do: “hit the Brake Lights.” (I’d try the brake pedal first, but that’s just me.) Over his own mood-setting piano-loop boardwork, the Surf Club member and N**gas in Paris producer rhymes about the alienation, ennui and exhaustion that often lurk beneath the appearance of success. Official visuals come courtesy of Travi$ Scott. Released back in summer 2012, the artist’s HITstory street album is available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay-Z Interview" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.