Hit-Boy loves being a fly, young artist making moves (and money) in the hip-hop game, but sometimes the fast life gets too fast for even him. At those moments, there’s only one thing to do: “hit the Brake Lights.” (I’d try the brake pedal first, but that’s just me.) Over his own mood-setting piano-loop boardwork, the Surf Club member and N**gas in Paris producer rhymes about the alienation, ennui and exhaustion that often lurk beneath the appearance of success. Official visuals come courtesy of Travi$ Scott. Released back in summer 2012, the artist’s HITstory street album is available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay-Z Interview" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.