Alert! Alert! The DJBooth’s sensors have picked up a West Coast street banger hurtling toward us at blinding speed! Don some quality headphones and brace yourself for impact. The latest promo cut from rising rapper/producer Hit-Boy starts off on an explosive note, with guest star Nipsey Hussle announcing, “You ain’t felt this sh*t since The Chronic.” Is the comparison to that seminal set warranted? I’ll leave that for our readers to decide. Regardless, the collaborators’ aggressive bars, delivered over Hit-Boy and HazeBanga‘s slow-rolling synth/sample production, should make the record a hit with O.G.s and non-G’s (cough, me) alike. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned; Alert is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on both artists’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Update: We have added the Nem Perez-directed, Detail Films-produced visuals for Hit-Boy’s Alert single.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay-Z Interview" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.