Alert! Alert! The DJBooth’s sensors have picked up a West Coast street banger hurtling toward us at blinding speed! Don some quality headphones and brace yourself for impact. The latest promo cut from rising rapper/producer Hit-Boy starts off on an explosive note, with guest star Nipsey Hussle announcing, “You ain’t felt this sh*t since The Chronic.” Is the comparison to that seminal set warranted? I’ll leave that for our readers to decide. Regardless, the collaborators’ aggressive bars, delivered over Hit-Boy and HazeBanga‘s slow-rolling synth/sample production, should make the record a hit with O.G.s and non-G’s (cough, me) alike. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned; Alert is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on both artists’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Update: We have added the Nem Perez-directed, Detail Films-produced visuals for Hit-Boy’s Alert single.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay-Z Interview" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.