Alert! Alert! The DJBooth’s sensors have picked up a West Coast street banger hurtling toward us at blinding speed! Don some quality headphones and brace yourself for impact. The latest promo cut from rising rapper/producer Hit-Boy starts off on an explosive note, with guest star Nipsey Hussle announcing, “You ain’t felt this sh*t since The Chronic.” Is the comparison to that seminal set warranted? I’ll leave that for our readers to decide. Regardless, the collaborators’ aggressive bars, delivered over Hit-Boy and HazeBanga‘s slow-rolling synth/sample production, should make the record a hit with O.G.s and non-G’s (cough, me) alike. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned; Alert is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on both artists’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Update: We have added the Nem Perez-directed, Detail Films-produced visuals for Hit-Boy’s Alert single.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay-Z Interview" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.