Last we featured Hippie Sabotage on the solo tip, the Sacramento brothers were blending trap percussion, Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples and Gucci Mane rhymes on January’s innovative, if (according to reader reviews) not entirely palatable Bust ‘em Down. Five months later, after lending their boardwork to joints by C-Plus (Girls on Drugs), Sahtyre (Broccoli) and more, the duo return to the headlining position with new single White Tiger. More cohesive in tone than their debut feature, this instrumental sees HS fortifying a simple, addictive female vocal loop with syncopated drums and ghostly synths. An unexpected choral outro adds to the cut’s mellow, yet exhilarating vibe. It has yet to be announced where White Tiger will find a home, but those digging it can watch our pages for further solo material from the rising beatmakers.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.