Last we featured Hippie Sabotage on the solo tip, the Sacramento brothers were blending trap percussion, Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples and Gucci Mane rhymes on January’s innovative, if (according to reader reviews) not entirely palatable Bust ‘em Down. Five months later, after lending their boardwork to joints by C-Plus (Girls on Drugs), Sahtyre (Broccoli) and more, the duo return to the headlining position with new single White Tiger. More cohesive in tone than their debut feature, this instrumental sees HS fortifying a simple, addictive female vocal loop with syncopated drums and ghostly synths. An unexpected choral outro adds to the cut’s mellow, yet exhilarating vibe. It has yet to be announced where White Tiger will find a home, but those digging it can watch our pages for further solo material from the rising beatmakers.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.