The beat duo behind Booth-approved joints by Alex Wiley (Something to Say), C Plus (Callin’ Me) and more, Sacramento’s Hippie Sabotage recently took center stage with the release of a new, seven-track LP. On freshly-released single Bust ‘Em Down, brothers Sour Beats and So Crates blend clattering hi-hat, choral synths, ringing bass notes and Chipmunk-pitched vocal hiccups into something trap-ready yet expansive, seasoning the arrangement with vocal samples from the likes of Gucci Mane. Aris Jerome directs the record’s stylish official visuals. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on VACANTS, available for free download via Hippie Sabotage’s official site.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.