Some musicians value fame and fortune above all else. HillaryJane? After a listen to debut feature Celebrity, making its world premiere on our front page, I have a feeling she’ll do just fine outside the spotlight’s glare. On her latest single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Houstonian buzzmaker satirizes popular culture’s obsession with big money, physical beauty and name-brand clothes. St. Louis rhymesayer Thi’sl echoes her sentiments in a gruff guest 16. Fans will be able to find Celebrity and much more on Hillary’s Stix & Stones EP, dropping July 29, via Infiltrate Music.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.