Unless you happen to have no pulse, it’s safe to say that we’ve all had at least one morning where we woke up and said to ourselves, “Self, I’m going to do absolutely nothing today and it’s going to be glorious.” On his DJBooth debut,M.I.A., Covina, California native Hi-Tone touches on just that kind of day.M.I.A. may serve as the emcee and professional tattoo artists debut on our pages, but he’s been putting in work since the age of 15. All those years of work are put to good use on M.I.A. as the West Coast spitter shows off a seasoned flow as he drop rhymes on the desire to take some time off for himself. Adding to the mellow tone of the song is both the hook, which comes courtesy of singer Mariel, and Mike Chek‘s horny-heavy production. Lookout for M.I.A. on Hi-Tone’s TFC3 T.M.B.H. project which is scheduled to be released on September 21.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.