Unless you happen to have no pulse, it’s safe to say that we’ve all had at least one morning where we woke up and said to ourselves, “Self, I’m going to do absolutely nothing today and it’s going to be glorious.” On his DJBooth debut,M.I.A., Covina, California native Hi-Tone touches on just that kind of day.M.I.A. may serve as the emcee and professional tattoo artists debut on our pages, but he’s been putting in work since the age of 15. All those years of work are put to good use on M.I.A. as the West Coast spitter shows off a seasoned flow as he drop rhymes on the desire to take some time off for himself. Adding to the mellow tone of the song is both the hook, which comes courtesy of singer Mariel, and Mike Chek‘s horny-heavy production. Lookout for M.I.A. on Hi-Tone’s TFC3 T.M.B.H. project which is scheduled to be released on September 21.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.