Preparing the third installment of his successful Hi-Teknology series, acclaimed producer Hi-Tek knows the first single needs to be something Hip Hop audiences can remember. Consequently the Cincy native chose My Piano as the lead; complete with a classical piano-string combination to add an extra effect to singer Dion‘s already-memorable chorus. For the verses, Tek throws in an electric guitar tune powerful enough to put the Shop Boyz to shame and inspire some classic lyricism from Wu-Tang’s Ghostface and Raekwon. For further demonstration in the art of proper production, pick up Hi-Teknology 3 on December 11th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.