As much as one’s higher cognitive processes might cry out against reliving past heartbreaks, there’s nothing easier than falling back in love—and/or bed—with an old flame. Just ask Hi-Rez, who finds himself caught in the web of a past love on the brand new X-Problems—a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Over Joel Johnston‘s moody production, an intricate yet understated mix of of piano/guitar-loops, sampled backing vocals and gritty percussion, the Fort Lauderdale up-and-comer describes how a smoking session with his former girl developed into a nostalgic heart-to-heart. Predictably, Rez leaves with more questions than answers: “Will we pretend to be just friends? Because I miss you / Plus it wouldn’t work out, with what we’ve been through.” Fellow Floridian rhymesayer QuESt guests on the back, attempting to persuade an ex of his own to let bygones be bygones and start over with a clean slate. A down-to-Earth jam that readers will likely find all-too-relatable, X-Problems is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project dropping later this year. Keep it locked for release details, as well as the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.