As much as one’s higher cognitive processes might cry out against reliving past heartbreaks, there’s nothing easier than falling back in love—and/or bed—with an old flame. Just ask Hi-Rez, who finds himself caught in the web of a past love on the brand new X-Problems—a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Over Joel Johnston‘s moody production, an intricate yet understated mix of of piano/guitar-loops, sampled backing vocals and gritty percussion, the Fort Lauderdale up-and-comer describes how a smoking session with his former girl developed into a nostalgic heart-to-heart. Predictably, Rez leaves with more questions than answers: “Will we pretend to be just friends? Because I miss you / Plus it wouldn’t work out, with what we’ve been through.” Fellow Floridian rhymesayer QuESt guests on the back, attempting to persuade an ex of his own to let bygones be bygones and start over with a clean slate. A down-to-Earth jam that readers will likely find all-too-relatable, X-Problems is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project dropping later this year. Keep it locked for release details, as well as the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)