Is your tune collection feeling a little stale? You’re in luck. South Florida emcee Hi-Rez has just The Remedy for a played out music library. Chopping up Put It On by the legendary Big L, producer Joel Johnston cooks up a haunting beat, which Rez proceeds to body, covering topics ranging from his former weed smoking habits to the current state of his psyche. Adding to the already dense track is a set of visuals crafted by director Ivan Berrios, which depicts Hi-Rez burying a few trash bags full of ...something? Perhaps the bag contains the body of a shady crew member he cut ties with, or maybe a wack rapper, but either way its clear Rez does not want them found. You can find The Remedy, however, his first DJBooth feature since October’s Relax, on the Lost Time mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.