Is your tune collection feeling a little stale? You’re in luck. South Florida emcee Hi-Rez has just The Remedy for a played out music library. Chopping up Put It On by the legendary Big L, producer Joel Johnston cooks up a haunting beat, which Rez proceeds to body, covering topics ranging from his former weed smoking habits to the current state of his psyche. Adding to the already dense track is a set of visuals crafted by director Ivan Berrios, which depicts Hi-Rez burying a few trash bags full of ...something? Perhaps the bag contains the body of a shady crew member he cut ties with, or maybe a wack rapper, but either way its clear Rez does not want them found. You can find The Remedy, however, his first DJBooth feature since October’s Relax, on the Lost Time mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)