Is your tune collection feeling a little stale? You’re in luck. South Florida emcee Hi-Rez has just The Remedy for a played out music library. Chopping up Put It On by the legendary Big L, producer Joel Johnston cooks up a haunting beat, which Rez proceeds to body, covering topics ranging from his former weed smoking habits to the current state of his psyche. Adding to the already dense track is a set of visuals crafted by director Ivan Berrios, which depicts Hi-Rez burying a few trash bags full of ...something? Perhaps the bag contains the body of a shady crew member he cut ties with, or maybe a wack rapper, but either way its clear Rez does not want them found. You can find The Remedy, however, his first DJBooth feature since October’s Relax, on the Lost Time mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.