I’ve got to admit, I was surprised to see Hi-Rez follow up feverish hustle anthem Race With Time with a joint titled Relax. Turns out, however, that it isn’t the music game that the Fort Lauderdale rhymesayer needs to take a breather from; it’s the ostensibly more fun, but often equally stressful grind that is dating. Over Joel Johnson‘s understated keyboard-percussion loops, the emcee admits that the endless quest for sexual gratification has begun to leave him cold, and that he’d gladly trade it all in to be with the one girl he really cares about. Feeling this introspective jam? Keep it locked; while Rez’ next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and song releases.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.