I’ve got to admit, I was surprised to see Hi-Rez follow up feverish hustle anthem Race With Time with a joint titled Relax. Turns out, however, that it isn’t the music game that the Fort Lauderdale rhymesayer needs to take a breather from; it’s the ostensibly more fun, but often equally stressful grind that is dating. Over Joel Johnson‘s understated keyboard-percussion loops, the emcee admits that the endless quest for sexual gratification has begun to leave him cold, and that he’d gladly trade it all in to be with the one girl he really cares about. Feeling this introspective jam? Keep it locked; while Rez’ next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and song releases.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.