I’ve got to admit, I was surprised to see Hi-Rez follow up feverish hustle anthem Race With Time with a joint titled Relax. Turns out, however, that it isn’t the music game that the Fort Lauderdale rhymesayer needs to take a breather from; it’s the ostensibly more fun, but often equally stressful grind that is dating. Over Joel Johnson‘s understated keyboard-percussion loops, the emcee admits that the endless quest for sexual gratification has begun to leave him cold, and that he’d gladly trade it all in to be with the one girl he really cares about. Feeling this introspective jam? Keep it locked; while Rez’ next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and song releases.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.