I’ve got to admit, I was surprised to see Hi-Rez follow up feverish hustle anthem Race With Time with a joint titled Relax. Turns out, however, that it isn’t the music game that the Fort Lauderdale rhymesayer needs to take a breather from; it’s the ostensibly more fun, but often equally stressful grind that is dating. Over Joel Johnson‘s understated keyboard-percussion loops, the emcee admits that the endless quest for sexual gratification has begun to leave him cold, and that he’d gladly trade it all in to be with the one girl he really cares about. Feeling this introspective jam? Keep it locked; while Rez’ next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and song releases.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.