If you cut Hi-Rez, you’d hear a boom-bap rhythm drifting through the air. Shortly thereafter you’d hear police sirens, because you just committed aggravated assault and battery—but the point is, the Panhandle State spitter has hip-hop flowing through his veins. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to mixtape inclusion Music in Me, which finds Rez demonstrating just how dedicated he is to his craft. Zero Gravity‘s hi-octane boardwork, an inspired mix of four-on-the-four percussion and sampled backing vocals, sets the mood as the artist surveys the rest of the game with dismay: “God, tell me when all the passion died / God tell me, is it worth the sacrifice?” Needless to say, Rez has made it his mission to set things right. As Fort Lauderdale neighbor Kyle B. puts it on the chorus, “The music died and I’m here to revive it / or at least to give it a try.” How about it, readers—is Hi-Rez a hip-hop savior in the making? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, stay tuned for further details on his forthcoming street album, which has yet to receive either a title or a release date. Additionally, Hi-Rez and director Carlos “JustCarlos” Nunez are currently raising funds to shoot a video for All Cried Out, a record created to raise awareness of the dangers of drunk driving. Click here to donate via Kickstarter!
Written by richard on 02/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.