Hip-Hop is no stranger to personification. A classic example would be Common’s I Used to Love H.E.R, but for a more recent case look no further than Hi-Rez, who treats Mary Jane, the plant, as if she were a real woman. While originally placed on his May ‘12 mixtape The Window, the visuals for Hi-Rez’ single Growing Love are brand new. On the self-directed video, littered with news reports and pop culture references about the legalization of marijuana, Rez is seen lighting one up as he shares his love for the powerful and oh-so-popular plant. Backed by a drum driven production from Ako, Rez, despite his ever-blunted state, displays a crisp flow, used in a not-so-shy manner to trace the root (pun intended) of the topic at hand. Those who desire another hit of the Floridian’s intoxicating style should check out his last Booth feature, December’s The Remedy.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.