Hip-Hop is no stranger to personification. A classic example would be Common’s I Used to Love H.E.R, but for a more recent case look no further than Hi-Rez, who treats Mary Jane, the plant, as if she were a real woman. While originally placed on his May ‘12 mixtape The Window, the visuals for Hi-Rez’ single Growing Love are brand new. On the self-directed video, littered with news reports and pop culture references about the legalization of marijuana, Rez is seen lighting one up as he shares his love for the powerful and oh-so-popular plant. Backed by a drum driven production from Ako, Rez, despite his ever-blunted state, displays a crisp flow, used in a not-so-shy manner to trace the root (pun intended) of the topic at hand. Those who desire another hit of the Floridian’s intoxicating style should check out his last Booth feature, December’s The Remedy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.