Hip-Hop is no stranger to personification. A classic example would be Common’s I Used to Love H.E.R, but for a more recent case look no further than Hi-Rez, who treats Mary Jane, the plant, as if she were a real woman. While originally placed on his May ‘12 mixtape The Window, the visuals for Hi-Rez’ single Growing Love are brand new. On the self-directed video, littered with news reports and pop culture references about the legalization of marijuana, Rez is seen lighting one up as he shares his love for the powerful and oh-so-popular plant. Backed by a drum driven production from Ako, Rez, despite his ever-blunted state, displays a crisp flow, used in a not-so-shy manner to trace the root (pun intended) of the topic at hand. Those who desire another hit of the Floridian’s intoxicating style should check out his last Booth feature, December’s The Remedy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.