Hip-Hop is no stranger to personification. A classic example would be Common’s I Used to Love H.E.R, but for a more recent case look no further than Hi-Rez, who treats Mary Jane, the plant, as if she were a real woman. While originally placed on his May ‘12 mixtape The Window, the visuals for Hi-Rez’ single Growing Love are brand new. On the self-directed video, littered with news reports and pop culture references about the legalization of marijuana, Rez is seen lighting one up as he shares his love for the powerful and oh-so-popular plant. Backed by a drum driven production from Ako, Rez, despite his ever-blunted state, displays a crisp flow, used in a not-so-shy manner to trace the root (pun intended) of the topic at hand. Those who desire another hit of the Floridian’s intoxicating style should check out his last Booth feature, December’s The Remedy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.