Hip-Hop is no stranger to personification. A classic example would be Common’s I Used to Love H.E.R, but for a more recent case look no further than Hi-Rez, who treats Mary Jane, the plant, as if she were a real woman. While originally placed on his May ‘12 mixtape The Window, the visuals for Hi-Rez’ single Growing Love are brand new. On the self-directed video, littered with news reports and pop culture references about the legalization of marijuana, Rez is seen lighting one up as he shares his love for the powerful and oh-so-popular plant. Backed by a drum driven production from Ako, Rez, despite his ever-blunted state, displays a crisp flow, used in a not-so-shy manner to trace the root (pun intended) of the topic at hand. Those who desire another hit of the Floridian’s intoxicating style should check out his last Booth feature, December’s The Remedy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.