It’s not unheard-of for rappers to release self-titled tracks, but you rarely encounter a joint named after its producer. With that said, it ain’t hard to tell why Hi-Rez decided to shout-out Brandon Clark on his latest mixtape single: his mesmerizing boom-bap groove is so dope, a simple fine-print mention just doesn’t suffice. Premiering in the Booth along with Afflux Club‘s official visuals, this joint finds the Fort Lauderdale rap wunderkind lacing the eponymous beatsmith’s skillful arrangement with fast-paced, braggadocious lyrical flames. Appropriately given the cut’s retro vibe, he peppers his verses with references to the old-school greats. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Product of My Environment currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.