It’s not unheard-of for rappers to release self-titled tracks, but you rarely encounter a joint named after its producer. With that said, it ain’t hard to tell why Hi-Rez decided to shout-out Brandon Clark on his latest mixtape single: his mesmerizing boom-bap groove is so dope, a simple fine-print mention just doesn’t suffice. Premiering in the Booth along with Afflux Club‘s official visuals, this joint finds the Fort Lauderdale rap wunderkind lacing the eponymous beatsmith’s skillful arrangement with fast-paced, braggadocious lyrical flames. Appropriately given the cut’s retro vibe, he peppers his verses with references to the old-school greats. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Product of My Environment currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.