It’s not unheard-of for rappers to release self-titled tracks, but you rarely encounter a joint named after its producer. With that said, it ain’t hard to tell why Hi-Rez decided to shout-out Brandon Clark on his latest mixtape single: his mesmerizing boom-bap groove is so dope, a simple fine-print mention just doesn’t suffice. Premiering in the Booth along with Afflux Club‘s official visuals, this joint finds the Fort Lauderdale rap wunderkind lacing the eponymous beatsmith’s skillful arrangement with fast-paced, braggadocious lyrical flames. Appropriately given the cut’s retro vibe, he peppers his verses with references to the old-school greats. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Product of My Environment currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.