It’s not unheard-of for rappers to release self-titled tracks, but you rarely encounter a joint named after its producer. With that said, it ain’t hard to tell why Hi-Rez decided to shout-out Brandon Clark on his latest mixtape single: his mesmerizing boom-bap groove is so dope, a simple fine-print mention just doesn’t suffice. Premiering in the Booth along with Afflux Club‘s official visuals, this joint finds the Fort Lauderdale rap wunderkind lacing the eponymous beatsmith’s skillful arrangement with fast-paced, braggadocious lyrical flames. Appropriately given the cut’s retro vibe, he peppers his verses with references to the old-school greats. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Product of My Environment currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.