It’s not unheard-of for rappers to release self-titled tracks, but you rarely encounter a joint named after its producer. With that said, it ain’t hard to tell why Hi-Rez decided to shout-out Brandon Clark on his latest mixtape single: his mesmerizing boom-bap groove is so dope, a simple fine-print mention just doesn’t suffice. Premiering in the Booth along with Afflux Club‘s official visuals, this joint finds the Fort Lauderdale rap wunderkind lacing the eponymous beatsmith’s skillful arrangement with fast-paced, braggadocious lyrical flames. Appropriately given the cut’s retro vibe, he peppers his verses with references to the old-school greats. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Product of My Environment currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had It All" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.