Despite the title of his latest single and second Booth feature, Henok Achido does not claim to be a drug dealer; Pusher sees the Stockholm emcee using dope-slinging as a metaphorical springboard for rhymes about hip-hop’s other favorite topic. Astma & Rocwell of DLX Entertainment provide a mellow yet hard-hitting midtempo groove as Achido informs a special lady (played here by fellow Stockholm native Sophia Somajo) that he’s got the fix she’s been waiting for her whole life, spitting verses chock full of lusty double entendres. In addition to helping out on the hook, Somajo contributes a closing verse on which she asks Achido to “push [her] like a busted tape recorder.” This record will be included on the February 25th release of the emcee’s debut album, Almaz Charming Child. Be sure to check back with the Booth in two weeks, when we premiere Achido’s forthcoming mixtape, No Rest for the Wicked
Written by richard on 02/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Fresh" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.