One of the best (and most overlooked) things to happen to hip-hop this decade is its cultural expansion onto international soil, most notably in Canada, the UK, New Zealand, and Sweden. Hailing from the Swedish capital city of Stockholm (close to previously-featured Booth favorite, Adam Tensta), Henok Achido has lit a fire under his cliché-titled new single, Fly Fresh. With the energy to power an Ikea plant and enough substance to make an entire batch of Swedish meatballs, Achido utilizes producer Filthy‘s synth-heavy production, in the hope of making Fly Fresh a crossover hit. Achido’s new album, Almaz Charming Child, is scheduled for an international release next year.
Written by Burmy on 10/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pusher ft. Sophia Somajo" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.