Shall I compare Heather Victoria‘s latest feature to a Summer Day? It’s more beautiful and more temperate. Normally, I’d consider quoting Shakespearian sonnets when writing about an R&B record to be a little over-the-top, but this one is so smooth and refreshing I can’t help myself. The penultimate entry in her label’s Summer of Jamla series and the lead single off her forthcoming full-length, the record finds Victoria telling the story of a chance encounter that quickly developed into something more. 9th Wonder outdoes himself on the production tip, backing his signee’s breezy verses with an addictive blend of string, keyboard and and harp samples. Heather Victoria’s next album, Black Girl Story, as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for further details on the set, as well as watching our front page for the final Summer of Jamla song release.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Work" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.