Shall I compare Heather Victoria‘s latest feature to a Summer Day? It’s more beautiful and more temperate. Normally, I’d consider quoting Shakespearian sonnets when writing about an R&B record to be a little over-the-top, but this one is so smooth and refreshing I can’t help myself. The penultimate entry in her label’s Summer of Jamla series and the lead single off her forthcoming full-length, the record finds Victoria telling the story of a chance encounter that quickly developed into something more. 9th Wonder outdoes himself on the production tip, backing his signee’s breezy verses with an addictive blend of string, keyboard and and harp samples. Heather Victoria’s next album, Black Girl Story, as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for further details on the set, as well as watching our front page for the final Summer of Jamla song release.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Work" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.