Shall I compare Heather Victoria‘s latest feature to a Summer Day? It’s more beautiful and more temperate. Normally, I’d consider quoting Shakespearian sonnets when writing about an R&B record to be a little over-the-top, but this one is so smooth and refreshing I can’t help myself. The penultimate entry in her label’s Summer of Jamla series and the lead single off her forthcoming full-length, the record finds Victoria telling the story of a chance encounter that quickly developed into something more. 9th Wonder outdoes himself on the production tip, backing his signee’s breezy verses with an addictive blend of string, keyboard and and harp samples. Heather Victoria’s next album, Black Girl Story, as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for further details on the set, as well as watching our front page for the final Summer of Jamla song release.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Work" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.