As R&B connoisseurs who’ve had their ear to the Booth may have noticed, the pop game has recently seen a resurgence of interest in Keith Sweat‘s classic output; Beyoncé paid homage to 1987 cut Right and a Wrong Way on hit single Party, Emanny followed the Destiny’s Child alum’s lead on her own Young & Ready, and now Heather Victoria‘s looking to the New Jack Swing icon for inspiration on her latest EP single—a Booth-exclusive world premiere! Backed by a sultry vocoder/piano groove adapted from Sweat’s ‘96 hit single of the same title (flipped by beatsmith Eric G.), this heartfelt selection finds the Jamla Records soul songstress assuring her man that, despite their relationship’s daily ups and downs, there’s Nobody who can make her feel like he does. ActProof rhymesayer Sundown gets allusive on the guest tip, namedropping his favorite members of the saxophone family and a handful of outdated video/photo formats on his double entendre-laced middle 16. Has this retro-informed burner left you craving more? You’re in luck—Victoria’s latest project, the DJBooth-sponsored Hip-Hop Soul Lives, is set to hit our mixtape page this evening for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Work" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.