With his last feature, Know Us, HD easily accomplished his goal of making Boothgoers remember his name. He also set a lofty standard for his future work, earning an average 4.8 out of five stars from our readers. Today, he attempts to leap over that high bar with Thur Steez, the latest video single off his current street album. Homebody once again mans the mixing boards, crafting a sampled beat that reprises the aforementioned record’s understated, yet ear-catching vibe. The Brooklyn wunderkind matches the beat’s mood with some characteristically self-confident, punchline-packed verses. (Rewind-worthy line: “N**gas quick to disappear like they got problems with fruit.”) On the visual tip, director GoldPyrmdz takes inspiration from John Landis’s 1983 comedy, Trading Places. For Thur Steez and many more fresh cuts, check out HD’s Stepping Into Tomorrow LP, available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.