Emcees are no stranger to hyperbole; obviously Drake can’t have this sh*t forever and Kendrick isn’t really dying of thirst. While most dramatically embellish, DJBooth newbie HD does the exact opposite. The title of his debut on our homepage is Rhymin, but considering what he does on the mic, I’d say that is quite the understatement. The BK native is so talented, that there has to be a more fitting word than Rhyming to describe how he attacks the microphone. While only 18, HD is well beyond his years, commanding the attention of listeners with an overly engaging style. His lyrics are on point, but they wouldn’t have the same power behind them if it weren’t for HD’s sharp, unwavering flow, which is displayed impressively atop producer Herring Franky‘s haunting boardwork. Rhymin is set to appear on HD’s forthcoming, untitled and unscheduled new mixtape, a follow-up to August’s Since 94.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.