Emcees are no stranger to hyperbole; obviously Drake can’t have this sh*t forever and Kendrick isn’t really dying of thirst. While most dramatically embellish, DJBooth newbie HD does the exact opposite. The title of his debut on our homepage is Rhymin, but considering what he does on the mic, I’d say that is quite the understatement. The BK native is so talented, that there has to be a more fitting word than Rhyming to describe how he attacks the microphone. While only 18, HD is well beyond his years, commanding the attention of listeners with an overly engaging style. His lyrics are on point, but they wouldn’t have the same power behind them if it weren’t for HD’s sharp, unwavering flow, which is displayed impressively atop producer Herring Franky‘s haunting boardwork. Rhymin is set to appear on HD’s forthcoming, untitled and unscheduled new mixtape, a follow-up to August’s Since 94.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.