Emcees are no stranger to hyperbole; obviously Drake can’t have this sh*t forever and Kendrick isn’t really dying of thirst. While most dramatically embellish, DJBooth newbie HD does the exact opposite. The title of his debut on our homepage is Rhymin, but considering what he does on the mic, I’d say that is quite the understatement. The BK native is so talented, that there has to be a more fitting word than Rhyming to describe how he attacks the microphone. While only 18, HD is well beyond his years, commanding the attention of listeners with an overly engaging style. His lyrics are on point, but they wouldn’t have the same power behind them if it weren’t for HD’s sharp, unwavering flow, which is displayed impressively atop producer Herring Franky‘s haunting boardwork. Rhymin is set to appear on HD’s forthcoming, untitled and unscheduled new mixtape, a follow-up to August’s Since 94.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.