One month after stepping into the Booth with reader-approved single Still Me, HD has yet to announce a drop date for his next street album. Well aware that fans on our pages and beyond have been jonesing to hear him work his magic On the Mic, the teenage Big Apple phenom has liberated another fresh video single to tide us over as we wait for further details. Over Herring Franky‘s boom-bap boardwork (complete with samples from Slick Rick‘s La Di Da Di and other old-school classics), the spitter offers a little insight into the genesis of his lyrical approach: “I rapped dumb until it hit me on the backpack tip / Now my flow streams, produce fiends when they listen / With a new-school style and a flow that’s reminiscent.” Haydn Ady provides some simple, but effective visuals to complement his bars. As mentioned above, Stepping Into Tomorrow remains unscheduled, but fans can watch our pages for news on the set, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.