After enjoying four featured cuts from HD, our regular readers are well-acquainted with the Brooklyn-based rap wunderkind. Even if this is your first encounter, though, freshly-released video single Know Us should give you all the information you need to make an educated decision on whether to cop his latest project. Homebody handles production duties on this headphone-ready jam, layering subtly addictive string/keyboard loops over a syncopated rhythm section as the emcee chronicles his hustle in agile, confidently-flowed verses. R.B. Umali directs the video, shot at various recognizable locations throughout NYC. Now that you’ve gotten familiar with HD, are you craving more? Then what are you waiting for—grab a copy of Stepping Into Tomorrow, available online as of August.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.