After enjoying four featured cuts from HD, our regular readers are well-acquainted with the Brooklyn-based rap wunderkind. Even if this is your first encounter, though, freshly-released video single Know Us should give you all the information you need to make an educated decision on whether to cop his latest project. Homebody handles production duties on this headphone-ready jam, layering subtly addictive string/keyboard loops over a syncopated rhythm section as the emcee chronicles his hustle in agile, confidently-flowed verses. R.B. Umali directs the video, shot at various recognizable locations throughout NYC. Now that you’ve gotten familiar with HD, are you craving more? Then what are you waiting for—grab a copy of Stepping Into Tomorrow, available online as of August.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.