Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
When a record is titled “Go Crazy,” you can expect the story behind it to be a little wild. Surprise, surprise; the genesis of this cut is, in fact, a little bonkers. After a long night in the studio, the HBK Gang‘s brains were more than a little fried. Around 5:00 AM, P-Lo, Jay Ant, and Kuya started to go crazy, yelling at everyone in the studio. The man behind the slapping, crashing beat, Jay Ant, plugged in his flash drive and had HBK (IAMSU! Skip & P-Lo) and guest emcee Dave Steezy each drop some quirky, energetic bars full of clever, eccentric lyrics. And there you have it. Go Crazy is the inaugural song release off HBK’s Gang Forever tape, out later today.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view HBK Gang’s Daghe-directed Go Crazy visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.