While I’m not sure what damage this joint could cause beyond a pulled sternocleidomastoid (y’know, the muscle used in head-nodding), I may as well offer a disclaimer: if the hazardous sounds of Hazardis Soundz’ Booth debut result in bodily harm, we won’t be liable for your medical bills. With that out of the way, I’m proud to present the Panhandle State producer’s first feature, In My Lane (Remix). Here, Soundz’ lush production, featuring a reggae-informed groove accented by brass stabs, sets the stage for street-ready rhymes from Cali vet Ras Kass, Boston-based reader fave REKS and Pennsylvania representative Ekko. Who comes out on top? That, my friends, is your call – though I will say I was impressed by Ras’ ingenious solution to the problem of music piracy: “You try to download, I’ve got a virus called hit-mouth-with-fist / Take food out my kid’s mouth, I’ll take teeth out yours.” Is this concrete-tough street banger right up your alley? Then keep it locked for more from each of the emcees involved, as well as picking up a copy of Hazardis’ HazMat 2 street album when it hits the ‘net in February 2011.
Written by richard on 11/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turnt Up" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.