Introduced to our pages back in May, when he took center stage on The Usual Suspects’ I’m Good Tho, Mlwaukee rhymesayer Haz Solo has joined forces with neighbor Tay Butler to craft a new, DJBooth-hosted collaborative full-length. If inaugural song release Crypto is any indication, fans have a lot to look forward to. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut finds the duo going in over a gritty, organ-driven beat by Came One. No hook separates Tay and Haz’s brisk, internally-rhymed verses, making the cut feel like an off-the-cuff, but extremely accomplished cipher. Feeling it? Of course you are—so keep your browsers locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the October 22, arrival of Silkies & House Shoes.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Milwaukee emcee/producer Haz Solo and vocalist Tay Butler have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their latest collaborative street release, the Silkies & House Shoes mixtape. The project packs 10 original...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cuban Linx" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)