Sick to death of the daily grind? Well, you can take solace in the fact that even Havoc, a man whose name is synonymous with chaos, destruction and mayhem occasionally finds himself stuck in a stultifying daily routine. Of course, as freshly-minted EP single Same Sh*t, Different Day amply demonstrates, the Mobb Deep rhymesayer’s same-old, same-old is a little different from most of ours. As usual, the Queensbridge street veteran takes the opportunity to showcase his skills of both sides on the boards, layering looped strings over an understated yet head-noddable rhythm section as he vents about the everyday frustrations of workaday life ‘round his way—from the feeings of isolation (“Times I was stressed out ain’t nobody that I could call.”), to the fear of catching a stray bullet, to the possibility that his associates might “[sing] like a choir” and land him in the slammer. Kinda puts your average case of the Mondays (or Thursdays, as the case may be) into perspective. Does this banger leave you craving more of the same? Keep it locked—while Havoc’s 13 EP as-yet lacks a drop date, you can count on the Booth for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.